Caroline's Childcare Pages
Forest Childcare Association
I am very excited to announce that I have recently joined the Forest Childcare Association.
As a member of the Forest Childcare Association I practice the Five Principles of Forest Childcare and endeavour to put these principles into practice at my childcare setting:
The Five Principles of Forest Childcare
1. The Forest Childcare Provider takes the children to an outdoor environment normally once a week.
2. Forest Childcare outings are made as safe as is reasonably possible by the childcare provider while encouraging children to learn to take their own risks.
3. Forest Childcare outings are taken all year long, so children go outside whatever the weather.
4. The Forest Childcare Provider offers a mixture of planned and child-led play activities to the children.
5. The Forest Childcare Provider is first aid certified.
If you would like to read more information about Forest Childcare, I can provide you with a link to the website or you can borrow my guide.
Forest Childcare means that we go outdoors or on an outing here at least once a week whatever the weather.
Return to News Page
© 2017 Andy Brown